Tuesday 24 June 2014

Slimming world

www.slimmingworld.com

I seriously lost the plot with my weight loss and getting fit. Depression, pain and anxiety are not great for keeping your head in the right place for getting fit.

After nearly a year off I feel like I'm in a better place for getting fit. One thing I realised is that I'm missing out on is support. Whilst I know how to cook and eat healthy food, when I hit a low point I don't have the mental resources to always pick myself back up. So I have decided to join a weight loss group called Slimming World. I have been a member previously and lost a huge amount of weight, but fell back in to the old bad eating habits, then illness struck, food and comfort eating was my drug of choice. The plan is easy to follow and whilst I'll be mostly sticking to the plan, I will still try to only eat when I'm actually hungry, learning to listen to my stomach not my head.

The consultant at my local group is extremely enthusiastic and is the reason why I'm re-joining the group. Whilst she is very supportive and never judgmental, I know that the pressure of wanting a weight loss each week in class and to win that coveted slimmer of the week certificate will help spur me on. I found that the support from the other members is also great.

I realised after a lot of reflection on my last weight loss foray with Slimming World, is that I get a lot from helping other members. People have asked me for my recipes, to tell them how and what I eat on the plan and a couple of people have even thanked me for being an inspiration once I started to hit the bigger numbers and drop several clothing sizes. This might seem a little self centered or even big headed, but if that is what it takes for me to keep my head in the right place to loose all this weight, then it's what I will do.


My first class is tomorrow morning, I will be honest that I'm not looking forward to the first weigh in as I know I have put on the weight I lost last year, and maybe some more besides, but it will only be between me and the consultant. I'll also post the basics of the plan and what I'm eating on the blog and report in my weigh in results each week on the Wednesday posts.

I'm not employed or paid by Slimming World to write this blog. I am just reporting my own personal journey. Facts or Syn values are correct to the best of my knowledge at the time of writing. The eating / lifestyle plan is a proprietary product and information posted on this blog is published as a guide to help you determine if their plan would work for you. All recipes are my own work or that of other members and are published with permission. For details about food optimising, contact your local Slimming World consultant.

No comments: