Wednesday 9 July 2014

Week 2 weigh in

Week 2 saw another 8½ pound loss. That got me my one and a half stone award, narrowly missing my two stone award by
just one pound. I also won the slimmer of the week award. That's another two stickers for my book and two certificates for my kitchen wall.  

To put that in perspective I made the pictures on the right. Twenty seven pounds is five and a half bags of potatoes. When converted to metric it's nearly twelve and a half kilograms, or in soda, over six 2 liter bottles. I just loaded up my backpack with 27 pounds and was staggered by the weight. I have been carrying that around with me for the last couple of years. I am looking forward to shedding a few more of these backpacks over the coming months.

I knew I was feeling better, my skin looks healthier and clothes are starting to feel looser. Today I had to wait for a prescription to be filled. Usually I take the opportunity to have a seat whilst I wait, but today, the sun was shining and I took a walk around out village's shop lined streets. I'll admit that it wasn't the longest walk in the world, but I wasn't out of breath, my back pain had decreased and it felt good to be walking in the sunshine. Looks like I'll be walking to the slimming club in a couple of weeks with any luck. 

No comments: